If you are ready to upgrade your space and enjoy the benefits of home window tinting, you should call the pros. Their experience will ensure that your windows are properly tinted.
Between added privacy and security, reduced glare, and lower utility bills, there are many reasons to invest in window tinting for your house or business. Many homeowners believe that window tinting is something they can do on their own, and some choose to go this route.
However, countless things can go wrong with self-tinting your windows. Almost all do-it-yourselfers regret taking the job on themselves rather than hiring it out. Going with an expert installer will benefit you and get you a high-quality, long-lasting tint result.
Continue reading below to learn why you should leave window tinting to the experts.
What is Home Window Tinting?
Before we dive into why you should let a professional install window tinting on your property, we want to quickly cover what home window tinting is.
Windows are an essential part of your house. Not only do they let you see out into the world, but they also affect the temperature inside your property, your resale value, damage to the furniture in your home, and much more.
Many homeowners opt to upgrade their windows by adding professional tinting for those reasons. As previously mentioned, tinted windows can provide property owners with the following advantages:
- Added privacy to your household members
- Help protect your furniture, rugs, and other home finishings from sun damage
- Increase house resale value
- Assist in managing the property’s internal temperature
- Protect individuals with certain medical conditions that must limit sun exposure
- Give your home a modern and unique look
Can You Do Home Window Tinting Yourself?
In short, yes, you can choose to do it yourself. However, most homeowners that decide to do it themselves regret it instantly. Tinting your property’s windows yourself may seem like the frugal and convenient route, but this D.I.Y. approach has so many risks.
There are so many things that can go wrong or get ruined that the entire process ends up sabotaged. That’s why most property owners hire a trusted and knowledgeable professional to do the job.
6 Reasons to Leave Home Window Tinting to the Pros
- Better Quality Materials Used — Buying a D.I.Y. kit and installing the tint yourself may seem more convenient. Not to mention you can get it for a lower price. But it’s important to remember that cheap cost equals cheap materials. Window tinting isn’t the place to skimp on quality.
The materials and tools in the D.I.Y. kit may appear to be fine enough, but they typically fail to offer the deeper protections that tinted windows are intended to provide. A professional window tinting job on your property utilizes quality, state-of-the-art equipment and methods to ensure that the tinted windows on your house do what they are meant to do.
- The Job is Challenging — Tinting windows may seem simple enough, but we cannot stress this enough: it is much more challenging than it appears. The process requires a professional and delicate approach, and even the most talented D.I.Y. homeowner can’t consistently achieve it.
A professional is trained to perform each step effectively. An expert will have also performed the task on countless other windows before yours, so they know how to handle any little nuance that may arise.
- Efficiently Get the Job Done — Like we said, tinting your home’s windows looks a lot easier than it actually is. If you decide to do it yourself, it won’t take long to realize this. Completing this job yourself will take up hours and hours and hours of your time. But, when you leave it to an expert, they will get it done quickly.
- Longer Lasting Results — All D.I.Y. kits contain cheap and ineffective materials and tools. The results you get by doing it yourself will not last long. You’ll be disappointed when you find that the film loses its color or tint after a short while. When you invest in upgrading your home’s windows, you want the product to last a long time. With proper care and maintenance, a professional window tinting job will stand the test of time.
- Tint Installation Requires the Environment to Be Clean — Upgrading your property’s windows requires a clean and ideal environment. You cannot achieve the same environment when you do the tinting yourself.
An expert implements their professional methods and equipment to ensure that debris does not get trapped between the glass and film, resulting in unsightly air pockets or distracting bubbles that you can’t get rid of. An expert window tinter is equipped to handle your upgrades without letting debris slow them down.
- Better Investment in the Long Run — Many homeowners opt for doing it themselves because they believe it will save them money. At first glance, this appears to be true since you’ll avoid paying professor fees. However, once you take a closer look, you’ll find that doing it yourself might end up costing more.
First, some D.I.Y. kits don’t come with all the tools and materials you’ll need to complete the job. Second, any mistakes you make along the way will either need to be repaired or redone. A professional fee includes upgrading your home’s windows correctly the first time.
Interested in Home Window Tinting? Contact Utah Window Tint Today!
Are you interested in home window tinting? Let the talented and experienced pros at Utah Window Tint help! We proudly offer our clients the highest level of customer service and only hire crew members that pass our extensive background check process, so you can rest easy when we’re working in your property.
We also offer complimentary, on-site estimates completed by one of our highly-trained estimators. Our professionals service houses and businesses in Salt Lake and Utah Valley. Contact us today to learn more!